Sunday, January 24, 2021

Make up work

 Mind: A Brief Introduction - John Searle

    I read this at the beginning of last semester, and of course now I hardly remember anything from it! I remember I enjoyed it, though. In sticky situations Searle tends to head in the direction of what feels natural, or how he experience's things.


When Nietzche Wept: A Novel of Obsession - Irvin Yalom

    Janet from Ruah gave this to me last spring, and I read it last semester in between other things. I really enjoyed the scenes where Breuer is doing his doctor thing. Why aren't doctor books as popular as doctor shows? or are they? Nietzsche was ok, nice and weird. Not as alive as I'd hoped.


Lots of Captain Underpants and Dogman - Dav Pilkey

    We haven't read that many, actually, but we've read what we have over and over. I'm glad Dogman has some positive female characters. I love the teachers' names in Capt Underpants.


Leviathan Wakes, Caliban's War, Abaddon's Gate, from the Expanse series - James S.A. Corey

    How does it work to write novels together? I could use some help with plots...maybe I should find a partner.


Understanding Our Mind - Thich Nhat Hanh

    Rock and roll

No comments:

Post a Comment